Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monthly Faves: January 2011

I bring you my January faves on a plate, I am always looking for pretty backgrounds to make my pictures look nice, today I was lazy and just put it all on a plate. These are my most grabbed for, favorite products of the first month of 2011.

1) Smashbox Photo Finish Adjust - This has changed the way my foundation applies! I am so happy with the results. I have read people say this makes them break out/makes them oily, that's actually why I like it (minus the breakouts, I don't get those), but it adds moisture and slip to my skin, helping my foundation glide on and not look patchy. Love this stuff. As for the redness aspect, I like to think it does something, but I really don't think it does. If you know of a redness solutions (tried the clinique foundation) product that you like, please let me know.

2) Garnier Moisture Rescue Freshing Gel - I know you can't see the product much in the picture, but this is the gel version of the cream product. Love this stuff so much, actually I prefer gels in my skincare hands down. Will be buying more of this once it runs out for sure.

3) MAC Painterly Paint Pot - This product has replaced my Urban Decay Primer Potion and any other eye primers I was using. The colour is perfect for my skintone, it evens out the eyelid area and is a nice prep for eyeshadow.

4) Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Bisque) - This was in my year-end favourites (along with some of these other faves) and continues to be my go-to when I want a really good under-eye concealer, this stuff is thick, but very creamy. I will do a separate full review of it soon.

5) Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation - My favourite foundation this month, nice colour match and very good coverage. It may sound weird but my face doesn't feel as cold in the winter when I go outside if I am wearing a thicker, more coverage foundation.

6) MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural (Light) - I went back to this product after a long break, I thought it broke me out, but now I think it doesn't (or it never did to begin with). I don't use it over the Laura Mercier foundation I just mentioned because that one does not need setting, but more over thinner, more liquidy foundations it's great.

7) Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette (Vanity) - The best drugstore neutral eyeshadow palette of the month, I just got this within the last two weeks or so but been using it lots. Click here for full review.

8) Omega 3 Vitamins (not pictured) - I am not sure if this has helped my skin this month, but when I started taking these my skin cleared up a lot. Maybe it's the skincare I've been using too.

What were your favorties for January?

13 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad to see someone else is a fan of the Laura Mercier Moisturizing foundation! That one is my holy grail foundation.

CrystalLuvz said... Best Blogger Tips

I been hearing sooo much about the Wet & Wild eyeshadow palettes and I really think it's time for me to get them and try them myself!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Have you tried the MUFE HD green primer? I'm trying to decide between the Smashbox and MUFE primer.


Thanks!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I am sure the Omega 3's are doing wonders for your skin. And I've heard such great things about that Garnier gel, I think I'll have to try it!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the Vanity palette--I'm a big fan :) Haha @ the plate haha :D

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I have my MSF natural on my list for this month too! I sooo want painterly, but it seems like it is always out of stock.

I have a tube of Aloette Redness Reduction Calming Creme that is all yours if you'd like it. I tried a dot of it on my hand, but other than that it's brand new. Redness isn't a concern for me, so I'll never use it. Let me know!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Barb - I was debating between the MUFE and the Smashbox and ended up getting the Smashbox because it sounded like it had more slip whereas the MUFE is more of a lotion I think. But the MUFE may perform better.

@Bailey - that would be awesome if you'd like to send it to me, that is so nice, I will contact you via email.

MINAKICHU said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your January haul, i am one of the few who havent tried painpot yet and thats gonna be my next mission. As for the Laura foundation, is it good to try if one has very oily skin? i wanna try it too:-)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@MINAKICHU - I am new to paint pots as well, actually got painterly when the Cham Pale ones didn't work out for me, everyone should own Painterly (or Soft Ocre if you are more yellow toned).

Laura Mercier for oily skin? She has an oil-free version too, same packaging, I would try that one out.

Wendy Banner said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't say enough good things about Painterly and the MSF Naturals. I feel like those two things should be in everyone's MAC starter kits. :)

~Wendy
www.fashionableheart.com

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Rumor has it you are a Canadian beauty blogger... where do you get your bobbi brown products? Sephora won't ship them to Canada! :(

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Mary Elizabeth - I am a Canadian beauty blogger :) I get my Bobbi Brown at Holt Renfrew or Apothica online.

Alina Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips

Great picks! I LOVE Vanity. :)