Sunday, February 27, 2011

Monthly Faves: February 2011



February.. I always thought that was spelled really weird, not pronounced the way it's spelled either. My favorites for February are going to be pretty easy, lots of basic stuff that I've been using consistently and loving.

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Very late on getting this, but I got it recently and glad that I did. I have a full review here, it's good for subtle to dramatic looks everyday. All you really need if you like neutral eyes.

Sigma F80 - I suggest getting several of these because they are essential for liquid foundation application, I reach for either this or my ELF powder brush, but this one is more dependable because the handle does not come off (all my ELF powder brushes handles have). Full review of it here.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator - Been trying to use this mascara consistently to see if it has any effect on the length and appearance of my lashes, I will update once a month has gone by. I like the effect it gives and has become a favourite new discovery in February, full review here.

Olay Touch of Concealer Eye Regenerating Cream - When they say "touch of concealer" they mean it, the coverage of this is very minimal and frankly the colour too dark (happens a lot with me with these types of products, Garnier dark circle eye roller did the same), but I like to use it on days that my eyes aren't too bad. And I like to think that it doubles up as an eye cream too. Let me know if you've used this or would like a full review. Mine is tiny (7ml) because it's only a sample bottle.

Clinique Even Better Foundation - Love this stuff, did a full review of it here. Works very nicely on my dry skin, great coverage and love the finish that it gives.

MAC Painterly - The paint pot that I would suggest everyone get, if you had to get just one. I use this everyday (that or Bare Study). If you are pink-toned use this one, Soft Ochre if you are yellow-toned, I think I could use either/or.

MAC My Highland Honey - Looks a lot like some of my other peach blushes, but it's not. I love this peach blush, it's become my favourite. Full review here.

Revlon Gum Drop - This is one of their scented polishes, not a fan of the scent, but the colour is very nice. It's an easter pastel purple which brightens my mood in the winter.

What were your February Faves?

14 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said... Best Blogger Tips

Great products. I love my Naked Palette, F80 and Painterly. I will probably make a February favorite once I get a chance. :)

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the F80, but gah I hate washing foundation out of brushes! I love the formula of Lash Accelorator. I like GUm Drop, but the scent makes me sick.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - I had a brush cleaning party tonight (not really a party just me and all my brushes) and man some of my newer sigma brushes (the ones in the make me crazy kit), the black bristled ones, they bled colours pretty bad! I hate washing brushes too, that's why I get multiples of the ones that I use most often.

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

I love ur monthly favorites! Am so jealous that u got the naked palette...it's always sold out and I'm always not fast enuf...sigh

xx

meredith said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmmm, well since I haven't acquired a NAKED palette, I am using my IT cosmetics matte luxe trio (hope to do a review on this later)

Also loving:

Sephora poreless primer (I know, I was suprised too)

MAC Studio Sculpt foundation-easier to travel with then FIX liquid

ECO Tools brushes
Sigma F80 brush-I agree with your recommendation to have several.

coco rouge mademoiselle-quite possibly the perfect everyday pink for my lips

lancome l'extreme mascara

Cargo classic lip gloss (I have this in several colors)

Smashbox Halo powder

*I brought all of this with me on a business trip and I think this will be my standard from now on!!*

bittersee said... Best Blogger Tips

i LOVE my highland honey!!! I think its a good dupe for chanel's espeigle too from their spring collection:D

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm actually not so crazy about the Naked palette. Feels like I just committed beauty blogging treason for saying that! But I'm giving it more time.

Loving the peach MAC blush. I'm so into peaches & corals lately. Nice picks!

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

That Clinique fndn is on my wishlist too, but I have far too many in my rotation at the moment. Great choices!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these posts, hope to get mine out soon. Love the F80 & Painterly too!

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Great faves! Going to have to try that foundation now!

iRene* said... Best Blogger Tips

I want that Naked Palette sooo bad, I have to go to a bigger city to get it and everytime I do head over to Sephora - they are always sold out. :(
Maybe Its not ment to be...

Emily Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute post!

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh god I've never tried any of the products you listed and now I want to try them all. THX! haha :) :)

kaizokumousy said... Best Blogger Tips

ohhh I really want to have a naked pallet