Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wet N Wild: Walking on Eggshells Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette

I love Wet N Wild's "Walking on Eggshells" palette, these colours are the tones that I reach for most often from my MAC, Urban Decay, and Too Faced palettes except for a fraction of the cost. I don't know how Wet N Wild is able to offer these exceptional quality shadows for so cheap, it's been said before, but it's like a disgruntled MAC employee started working for them and created shadows just as good.

"Walking on Eggshells" has a shimmery golden white colour, a bronzey warm brown and a peachy pink shade (the stunner in this palette). I like using the browbone shade in the inner corner instead, and the other two as instructed on the packaging. The eyelid shade is love, love love.


The peachy/pink eyelid shade has been compared to Stila's Kitten, a very popular shadow. I don't own that one, but I have compared it here with several similar colours in my collection (click on image to enlarge). It's close to Urban Decay's Sin, but not as pink, more peachy and it's like a better version of MACs Naked Lunch in my opinion, Naked Lunch is very subtle and sheerer.

Here they are swatched, pigmented is very good. This trio is definitely a hit with me and the most wearable that I have from Wet N Wild for sure. If you own Egyptian Sands, an old trio from Wet N Wild, it's apparently the exact same as this, however Wet N Wild has reformulated their shadows since then, they are creamier and more pigmented. I might have that palette kicking around somewhere, I gotta look around for it, and I will compare.

I wish Wet N Wild would come out with a collection of matte shadows, because although I love these trios, it would be cool to have a variety of shimmers and mattes. I could see these being too much for some people. But aside from that, this palette is beautiful and cheap! Another winner for Wet N Wild.

Do you have Wet N Wild's Walking on Eggshells?

15 comments:

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

that shade looks just like sin! i want to go get it to compare it now.

Kristina said... Best Blogger Tips

I have been wanting to get these palettes but never seem to get out there and by them. Reviews like this make me want to haha!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kellyyes - I will add a comparison pic... stay tuned. :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i'm surprise how great these wet and wild shadows are. i wish they sell it over here so it's easy to test them out myself. thanks for the swatches and review!

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

WnW's shadows can be too shimmery for me; sometimes I pair them with mattes from other brands. I agree this palette is one of their nicest. I think Silent Treatment is my new favorite because the crease shade is matte with some glitter. It's nice to break up the shimmer.

Patt♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Agreed, I have the same one. The colors are phenomenal!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like this! The lid colour is gorgeous!
I own one wet n wild palette and I loveee it! I wish I lived in the US or Canada and could get my hands on more :(
xxx

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow the pigmentation looks great for such a nice price! Great review, thanks!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job doing the comparisons, and I totally agree about the mix of mattes & shimmers. While these shadows are great I'd love them to do more mixed palettes :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine! Fabulous post, I lol'ed at your thought about the MAC employee jumping ship and designing shadows for WnW! But, so true!!! I, like you, reach for these just as much (if not more) than some of my high end shadows! FAB shadows for sure. I have this trio too and I love it. Also, yes, agreed...I would love more matte shades! :) xoxo!!!

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

I think this is the most perfect palette I've ever seen - all the shades I need for my everyday eye look...I'm so tempted to buy this now!

Have you had a problem with the packaging of these shadows?

My friend from NY sent me Silent Treatment (along with a few blushes and nailpolishes)...and the eyeshadow COMPLETELY disintegrated in the packaging - although the other make-up was intact...so I wonder if this is a delicate product that you can't carry around with you?

mizztraveller said... Best Blogger Tips

this colour is looks different and sexy . love

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much for these swatches! I think I really have to go and get a bunch of wet'n'wild eye shadows. When i was young I used to use these all the time but I though they were 'cheap' and 'no good' but now I'm seeing them ALL OVER people's blogs! I really want to start growing my brown tones collection so this looks like a great pack to purchase!
Thanks so much!
<3
Mary @ producthoarder.com

Alina Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips

oooo this trio is pretty! It is definitely going on my list LOL!

maki said... Best Blogger Tips

These are beautiful colours, i'd love if you made a tutorial on how to wear them all together :)!
Fabulous blog btw