Sunday, March 27, 2011

StrawberryNet.com Haul

I have a treasure of a website to share with you today, it's StrawberryNet.com. This is a website that I recently learned of, first time ordering from them too. I placed my order on March 15 and received it on March 25. Their packages are shipped from Hong Kong, if I am not mistaken. There is a note on their website that if you get charged customs, send them your invoice and they will reimburse you, however I was charged nothing more. I was very impressed with the shipping time, it's always nice to get your packages before the weekend so you have time to play around with the stuff. What I like most about this company is their wide assortment of high-end products and free shipping worldwide. I am often bothered that companies do not ship to Canada (and other places of the world) and even their sales and discounts are US only, it's really irritating and turns me right off. StrawberryNet.com takes Paypal too, which I like a lot, it saves me racking up my credit card bills. They also offer a loyalty bonus, the more orders you place with them the larger % off you receive.

I ordered two things, the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, I am super excited about both products. I saved a bit of money on the Laura Mercier, I actually bought a discounted package, it's expiring in July. I did some research and apparently, product expirations are just guidelines and in this case it's probably just the SPF in the product that is expiring, and since I always wear SPF under my makeup anyway, I wasn't too phased. This product is normally $42US, not sure how much in Canada, but I know around $60 and that's just BONKERS for a tinted moisturizer in my opinion. And... Laura Mercier at Sephora online is restricted to Canada so I can't even look up how much it is for you all.  Anyway, I got it in the colour "Porcelain" the lightest shade.

Next, the most exciting part of my package was the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 0.5. Now you're probably wondering, Intensity 0.5? there is no such shade.. but there is! Check it out here. When I saw that, it was like the heavens opened up, my prayers have been answered! I've been meaning to try this foundation for a long time, but Intensity 1.0 seemed too dark to me, and I have read many people complaining that their colour range sucks, so I didn't even bother. But 0.5 is like MY SKIN colour, totally, it's perfect. I am not sure if this is a Hong Kong exclusive or what, maybe an Estee Lauder employee can contact me and let me know because I need more of this shade and I think many other pastey girls do too!

Here is a comparison pic, Laura Mercier TM in Porcelain on the left, and Estee Lauder Double Wear 0.5 Intensity on the right, they look very close, so if you wear that colour in the Laura Mercier, 0.5 is your shade.

And blended in a bit here, you can tell the Estee Lauder, I want to say has more of a neutral undertone perhaps (my lighting is way too orange here). Also note the coverage difference, the Estee Lauder is definitely more opaque and covers much more, the TM settles into my skin more. I will do full reviews on both products soon. But I am thrilled at the colour selection on the Estee Lauder, it's like my discovery of the month!

The Stila eyeshadow in the first picture is a free gift that came with my order, it's in the shade "Ray". With every order, there is an option for a free gift, this gifts varies depending on stock, but you get a choice of several items. I just looked now and they've got GOSH lipsticks and eyeshadows. Please tell me your experiences with StrawberryNet.com below.

Have you tried StrawberryNet.com?

15 comments:

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! Thanks for introducing me to that website- it sounds great. Looking forward to your reviews :)

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool! Shade 0.5??!! I need that! Will definitely check out the site!

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to read your review on the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light!

Jenni said... Best Blogger Tips

i love strawberry net! have been ordering from them for the 10th time i think :D don't u just love their loyalty discounts?

world of leea said... Best Blogger Tips

I hear very good things about this company, they are very popular in my contry, many of beauty bloggers order from them. I didn't try yet, but hope to put an order soon! :)

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

never heard of the website before, but thanks for letting us know about it!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! Looking forward to you reviews!

wimbly11 said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't heard of them, but I will be now!! I'm always looking for sites that ship to Canada with free shipping! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul!

I love StrawberryNet.com
I bought lots of make up from their websites before and always am satisfied with their service.

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

I've placed an order with them too - and will do a review when I receive it :-)

The prices seem comparable to Canadian Sephora - but without the shipping and taxes - so it can be a really good saving.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

My friend has been telling me to use strawberrynet for a long time but I normally don't order online and held out. Now I see I should buy my foundation from there! I love the Laura Mercier TM and wish I had better skin to be able to wear that instead of foundations. Oh well. Enjoy your haul!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I have heard of the site but have never ordered from there..great buys and looking forward to your reviews!

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Great Haul!
I ordered perfume from Strawberry net a few years ago, I actually forgot about that site until your post. The prices are great, I know I saved about $25 on the perfume I got.

FunkyCrew said... Best Blogger Tips

Highly recommended site :) just beware - not all things are cheaper then retail :) I usually compare prices first to be sure!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@FunkyCrew - definitely, I shop around a lot, but I love strawberrynet because they had these two products and I could find them in these shades and price anywhere else! :)