Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque

Whenever I think of the name Bobbi Brown, I think of Whitney's Bobby Brown, but this Bobbi is a female and well known for her fabulous cosmetics line. One of her most popular products are her concealers and correctors. Bobbi calls concealer "the secret of the universe, it's the one thing that most dramatically improves a women's appearance. A lot of women are worried about getting older, and what they don't realize is what they are really unhappy with is looking not fresh, so if you refreshen your look it makes you look and feel better." Those words definitely hit the nail on the head I think. Looking fresh (not tired) is very important to many women, under-eye darkness and circles is what bothers many of us. She has some great instructional videos on her site if you girls want to check them out here.


The Corrector which I have here is very creamy, it brightens and neutralizes the purple and green undertones of dark circles. It's meant for under the eyes, including the inner corner and then on top Bobbi suggests to try the Creamy Concealer which while will lighten and even the skin under the eye. I will solely review the corrector today, I do have the concealer as well, but that will be for another day. 

I have the Corrector in the shade "Light Bisque" here, which is a pale pinky salmon tone. This is the second lightest shade out of 12 colours available. These are based on pink or peach tones, the darker shades are more peach however. If you are on the pale side, I would suggest this one. You can see in the image above, I have it swatched on the left and then on the right blended. When used on top of a eye cream, this stuff just glides it, it's a beautiful thing. This can be applied with your fingers and tapped in, or with a concealer brush like the Sigma F70. It's recommended to set it with a yellow powder, I don't bother most of the time.

Here it is applied on the left side of my face, and nothing on the right. I have darkness under the eyes, it's blue and purple and this Corrector does just that, it corrects that area very well. It takes away the darkness and brightens. I sometimes just go with this, or if I want added coverage I will pair it up with the Creamy Concealer over top, then I am perfectly concealed under the eyes. For those with dry skin, this product is great because it's very creamy and it stays creamy on your face and my undereye area actually feels more moisturized with this product on than without, which is a nice feeling.

I have compared it here with the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15, you can tell the Bobbi Brown is much more pink and darker, it's coming across as a little too dark here. The consistency is like night and day, the MAC is very dry and although giving great coverage, it is very difficult to use under the eyes and I wouldn't suggest it, it's better for spot concealing on the rest of the face, whereas the Bobbi Brown is designed to be used under the eyes, it's light and creamy but with good coverage.

Another important thing worth noting is the size and price difference of these two concealers. The MAC gets you 7g/.24oz for $20CAD, whereas the Bobbi Brown is 1.7g/.05oz for $30CAD. The Bobbi Brown is very expensive, and you get very little product compared to the MAC. I was shocked when I realized the size and price difference. Plus if you want to get the Creamy Concealer it's another $30. Yikes! But it's the best concealer I've ever used, so it's worth the investment.

If you are in the US, Bobbi Brown is accessible on her website, or at Sephora and department stores with her counters. And in Canada, I have purchased it at Holt Renfrew, Bobbi Brown is not available to Canadians through Sephora neither in-store or online (which is super lame). You can also buy it online through retailers like Apothica.com (where I got my Creamy Concealer). I tried getting a sample of the Corrector at Holt Renfrew and the girl looked at me like I was crazy.

Have you tried tried Bobbi Brown's concealers or correctors?

12 comments:

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm more likely to purchase something after sampling it...can't believe the SA gave you attitude (but I guess at these prices, they have to treat the product like liquid gold LOL!)

I use the MAC studio finish concealer...since I moisturise my eye are before applying, it doesn't matter that it isn't very creamy. And I use Benefit's Eye Bright as a colour corrector to add brightness to the area. The MAC concealer is just so amazing and budge-proof!

Lillian said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review! It seems to work really well. I've been curious to try this and the concealer also, so I'm excited to see your review on it <3

MINAKICHU said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally agree that Mac concealer is somewhat dry and annoying to put undereye. I love my Bobbi brown concealer too. Way way better!

Miss ♥ Nikka said... Best Blogger Tips

It sounds amazing. I have wanting to try bobbi brown concealers/correctors but i cant coz of the price.

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, if it weren't for the price/value I would be all over this. It looks amazing!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ella - She just said that since the product is so small, they don't give samples. It was my first time buying anything at Holt Renfrew so it wasn't the best first impression.

@Lilli - it's a really nice product, very smooth and moisturizing, but good coverage, which is rare in a concealer.

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice review as usual!:)
I have this and like it as well, but sometimes I find it just a tad too creamy. I have to set it with a powder to make sure it stays.
You can also get Bobbi brown @Murale in Canada.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy - I've never been to a Murale, but it sounds like my dream store, there is one at Vaughan Mills, but it's quite aways away.

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this product it is the best under eye concelear I have tried. Probably won't go back to anything else.

Murale is at Shops at Don mills too...

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

@Justine: Aww, that's too bad because you would love it! I like it better than Sephora sometimes.

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I have always wanted to try these, read so many good reviews..although I guess I know not to try and ask for a sample now ;) Great review!

AnNeTtEe said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this in the same shade... & I love it for undereye concealing... =) great review!