Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Wet N Wild Silent Treatment Icon Eyeshadow

Silent Treatment is one of the newest 3 shadow palettes from Wet N Wild. We don't have the 8 pans in Canada yet. We did get all the 3 pans, I haven't had much luck finding them, but Silent Treatment was the only one that I really "had" to have. If you haven't tried Wet N Wild shadows you really should, once you do, you will totally be impressed with their quality and awesome pigmentation. They are very affordable, I get them at Walmart for about $7 Canadian.

This palette comes with 3 pretty colours, individually assigned their recommended placement on the eye, so if you are new to makeup or clueless, this makes it super easy. Of course you can switch it up, you don't have to wear it this way. The browbone shade could be used as an eyelid colour, the eyelid colour in the crease and so on.

The colours are super pigmented and buttery soft. When I picked up the colours on my fingers here it was one swipe, with these shadows I find dipping your brush works better than swiping because you get the most pigment and less fallout. These are super shimmery, that is the case with most of their shadows.

The brown (crease colour) is lovely in the pan, a brown with bronzey shimmers, but doesn't show up that way in the swatch, you'd have to build it up a bit. The pink shade is quite light too (even on my skin) but enough to show up. The purple/grey is gorgeous and enough alone to pick up this palette, it's amazing.

Have you picked up any of the new Wet N Wild palettes? What's your fav 3 pan?

11 comments:

tiffyama said... Best Blogger Tips

This one's pretty!! I'm loving the colors a lot. I'm new to the WnW palettes but, the one I've used a few times is "Sweet as Candy" and I'm loving it a lot. ♥

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I really wanted this trio but its so hard to get a hold of here and if you buy it online the price is so much higher :(

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope I can find this one at my wal-mart very soon, the last colour in the palette is so pretty and right up my alley.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said... Best Blogger Tips

At least your Walmart is generous in this case. Mine only had Spoiled Brat :)

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I want this for the taupe color! Although I wish it wasn't so shimmery and they would go back to doing a mix of mattes & shimmers again :)

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

im surprised at myself that i havent gotten these palettes yet! they look so pigmented and the colors are gorgeous

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

NIce! But I want those 8 pan palettes!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This is my favorite trio from them - all because of that taupe!

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it's very possible that this palette might be finding it's way to me as part of a swap! I adore the grey-purple-taupe shade - it's quite an unusual shade!

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I picked this up today, along with "cool as a cucumber" I haven't opened it yet, but I think the purple shade in it could be my new favourite.

♥ J said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this eyeshadow! and I actually wear it today^^ I love the purple/silver/grey shade the most!!! so pretty!