Thursday, December 23, 2010

Review: Make Up For Ever Face and Body Foundation

If you are looking for a foundation that looks like a second skin, undetectable and gives sheer-light coverage, Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Face and Body will be the foundation for you. This retails for $42CAD ($38US) at Sephora, I bought it recently during the $15 and $20 Sephora coupons offer. This foundation is described as "liquid makeup combines an ultra lightweight formula with seamless coverage. The unique gel formula comprised of more than 75% water delivers a natural result suitable for all skin types. It gives the skin a uniform tone and leaves a satin finish. Easy to apply and water resistant, this is a also a perfect formula for the body." I love this foundation, it feels like nothing on, however I would only recommend it to those with decent skin because this won't cover anything really, it just gives colour and evens out, but it does give my skin a radiance I really enjoy.


MUFE Face and Body comes in a very nice sturdy glass bottle, with a pump. I think the pump part is a new installment? Every youtube video I watch, their foundations never have a pump. I am grateful that mine does. You get 50ml or 1.69 fl oz. I have it here in the colour "20" which is Ivory, "for light skin with beige undertones". MUFE has a fantastic colour selection, so if you get matched properly this stuff will look amazing on you, that goes for all their foundations, lots of colour range here. I normally use Temptalia Foundation Matrix to find the colour best suited to my skin whenever trying out a new foundation.

The consistency of this foundation is interesting, it's very liquidly, but it comes out in lumps or blobs, and the blobs are like a very thin gel. You gotta shake the bottle well before you use it, so that it all mixed up. As you can tell in the image above, I poured some on my ELF Powder brush and this stuff doesn't move, or seep into the bristles. I would say the texture is like Pepto Bismol in blobs and my boyfriend eloquently described it as jizz. Compared to MAC's Face and Body, this is much more liquidly, and it doesn't smell terrible like the MAC, I prefer this one much more.

Here it is on my hand, you can see the blobs. Once you blend it into your skin they explode of course. I use 2-3 pumps on my face, more than I usually use since this is so sheer. Since it is so watery, it spreads very easily across the face. I have read that people use this layered as an undereye concealer as well, it's supposed to work well. This foundation is called Face & Body for a reason, you can use it on your body too, I find it great for adding colour to my neck so that it matches my face, I am also planning to use this for Christmas dinner so that I don't look like the palest in the bunch (which I usually do).

Okay and here slightly blended, you can tell where I applied it cause the edges are not blended in. When applying, this foundation feels cool on the skin, and completely natural and lightweight on. It applies looking really "wet" but it sets very quickly to a satin finish and seems to hydrate my dry areas. You know the saying that foundation is not supposed to look like foundation or feel like it, this foundation is that. It is awesome for dry skin, I always have issues with foundation caking up and looking dry on my face (around my nose, forehead) and this does not do that which is miraculous to me! It also makes my skin look healthy and feel soft.

I am still trying to figure out how to wear this in conjunction with concealer and get a flawless face. For now, I set this with MAC Mineralized skinfinish natural (giving this another try) and that's it. I know people do layer this, I have yet to experiment with that, if you have patience I am sure this would look great layered. This foundation is perfect for those who do not like foundation, because it doesn't feel or look like foundation on. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Have you tried MUFE Face and Body?

5 comments:

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for such a detailed review! I keep reading good reviews about this but when it comes time to buy a new foundation, I choose something else. haha I think there's too many choices out there. And I'm glad to hear that they finally got the pump! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@dodo - thanks the thing, I try ALOT of foundations! I have the mat velvet and hd too that I got recently, will review those soon, but this one interested me the most because I have dry skin.

Patt♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for the review! It was very helpful! :)

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review, Justine. I have seen this but never tried it before. Looks like the coverage is pretty good. Your review makes me want to go out and buy one although I already have a bunch of foundations!

Pappetee said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a newbie in here and would like to thank you for the good review. I have to admit that I was skeptical with this foundation that's why it took me a long time before I finally decided to order it in Sephora. You are right when you said, it feels like second skin. It's a foundation which feels and looks like you're not wearing a foundation. For reference, I am NC 20-25 in MAC and I am currently loving #20 (Ivory) and # 32 (Alabaster Beige). It matches my light to medium skin with yellowish undertones. It's sheer to light coverage is buildable to medium coverage. It would look fabulous for ladies who have good complexion and if you have break-outs, you would need a concealer to hide pimples/blemishes, and if you have oily skin, you would just need a nice blot powder. (I don't use powder bec. it makes my dry skin drier). MUFE F & B stays on for 8 - 12 hours and doesn't oxidize or make you orangey at the end of the day. Some people use the flat foundation brush/stippling brush to apply this, but I prefer to use my fingers as it glides on smoothly. I've used plenty of foundations all my life and this is a little costly for $38/50 ml bottle, but the price is worth it bec. I love the natural/healthy looking glow. I am such a happy camper and in love with MUFE F & B. :)