Friday, December 17, 2010

Review: ELF Studio Complete Coverage Concealer

Today's review is the ELF Complete Coverage Concealer from their Studio Line. This retails for $3 and is one of their newest products. ELF describes this product as "the perfect blend of colors to keep you "covered" throughout the year for when your skin is lighter in the winter and darker in the summer. The highly pigmented formula is easy to blend for customizable coverage. Use to disguise blemishes, dark circles and uneven skin tone for a flawless look."  Does it give complete coverage? keep reading to find out!


This comes in the sleek black ELF Studio line packaging, you get four colours inside, a mirror and small applicator brush (picture above). The brush is tiny, like the size of my pinky finger nail. The concealer comes in three shades: Light, Medium and Dark. What I like about this product is the fact that you get 4 shades, they are similar but different enough that you know at least one will match your skin perfectly. I know I've bought concealers in the past and they have been too light and too dark. With this product, you can also mix the concealers to get your perfect shade.

A closer look at the palette here you can tell these are quite creamy, when I leave this in a warm place I notice beads of water/moisture/oil will build up on the top. I like removing the little plastic film that comes inside, that may be causing this to happen too. I have this in the colour "Light" which is supposed to suit fair to light skintones.

Looking at the palette alone, the colours seem to look very similar but notice in the picture above and in my swatch here, they are fairly different. The two on the left are very similar, one has more pink, one has more yellow undertones. I like the third from the left the most, it's kinda that salmon shade which I like for under the eyes. While the last, four from the left is very yellow. I find I use the salmon one the most.

And here are the swatches blended in a bit. As you can tell the concealer is still visible. I find the downside of this product is that because they are so creamy and thin, I don't think they would conceal very well and will not give that "complete coverage" as the name states. I prefer a thicker, waterier texture for my concealer. If you are looking for light concealing and have normal skin, I think this is a good product. Also if you are just starting out with concealer, it's great because you do get 4 colours.

Have you tried this product?

5 comments:

luckiebeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

Interesting product if you don't need a lot of coverage! Thanks for the review!

xx

Shaylee Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with you, I prefer a waterier consistency in my concealers. I feel like pan concealers are always much more sheer than I anticipate. I haven't tried these but have had such bad luck with elf products that I don't think I will, thanks for the review!! :)

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried it, but the concealers I have tried from ELF have been far from full coverage.

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

great review!

Sofia said... Best Blogger Tips

i think this is ok.. I have it in the medium shade,,,I hate those bubbles it gets it looks "SWEATY"...ewww!