Wednesday, December 22, 2010

American Apparel: Trenchcoat and Rouge

Did you like my American Apparel swatches yesterday? Hope you aren't sick of them, I have a couple more here today. These two come from the new shades that they've recently added. These two shades are pretty unique I think, which is something AA polishes are known for.

Trenchcoat is like a muted mustard colour. I imagined it would be a tan, but once I received it, I realized it definitely was not. A shade that you are either going to love or hate I think. I don't know how I feel about this, it reminds me of Misa's Hot Couture a bit. This one is going to my cousin, we will see what she thinks of it. It applies very nicely.

Rouge, which means red in French is just that, a red, but not like the usual red you would suspect, this one is muted too with lots of pink undertones in it. It didn't quite pick up true to life in the picture, it's more mauvey in real life. If you aren't into bright reds, this one could be the one for you.

Disclaimer: These polishes were provided from American Apparel for consideration.

3 comments:

Stacey said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh I like both of those polishes, I don't think I've seen a mustard coloured polish before! Your nails are lovely too.

luckiebeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

Loving the red!
I want the pale lilac and the pale peach,they look so great!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for trying on all of these colors and reviewing these colors. I imagine that it takes awhile to do all this. It really helped me to make up my mind...I'm definitely purchasing L'Esprit, will have to figure out one more. Maybe Rosebowl...