Friday, December 3, 2010

November Haul

Just a sneak peek at the items that I purchased last month and got in the mail recently. We don't have mail set up at our new place yet (the building isn't even finished yet and we are one of few people that live there). So we have to go way the heck to the other side of town to some mail depot to pick anything up, huge hassle. Anyways, I have goodies here from ELF, Essie, Sigma, Rock and Republic and Bare Escentuals. I will do full reviews soon once I try the stuff out some more, but I will add a short first impressions here too.

ELF: 
Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain - Smells like men's cologne and soap. I bought some bedding from Homesense recently and had to return them because they had a huge stain on them which smelled of cologne, this smell reminds me of that, not pretty and congures up the image every time I use it. Packaging is nice, pump is great. Colour is a tad light for me, but the next shade up would be way too dark.

Complete Coverage Concealer - Nice packaging, I have it in the lightest colour, "Light". The four colours in here look very similar though, not sure why they didn't use some variation. Consistency is creamy, covers okay, definitely sets into lines, creases though.

Tinted Moisturizer - I have this in the lightest too, "Porcelain", very yellow undertones in this. I have read others on facebook mention this too, but the tube feels 1/3 full, not sure if this was a random thing, or if they are all like this, be weary, haven't used it on my face yet, found not recommend this.

Essie:
Fall 2010 Collection - Beautiful fall colours, haven't worn it yet, but will wear the red one to a Christmas work party tonight. I am happy to have Sew Psyched and Merino Cool in here.

Sigma:
F05 Small Contour Brush - Tried using this with the ELF foundation yesterday, not crazy about it for that product. My MAC one is definitely more round. I will do comparison review soon.

F82 Angled Top Brush - Like all the Sigmax brushes, this is incredibly soft and full, like it a lot for contouring.

Rock and Republic:
Tease - Purple pink colour, very cool. Pigmentation is lovely.
Immoral -  Bright almost totally orange blush. I am loving this and curious how it will work on my skin. Just a note, I paid $18.50 CAD duty on these upon delivery, so watch out if you are international.

Bare Escentuals:
5 Brush Set - I was under the impression that these were horrible, scratchy brushes, but I really wanted the Maximum Coverage Concealer brush and these were only $20 altogether on The Shopping Channel Canada, and I had a $10 gift card, so I had to get them. But surprise, I really like them. They aren't as soft, but I think will deposit product very well.

And that's it... hopefully you will hear from me more now that I have found my camera!

14 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul. You got some great things!

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

Ouch on the duty fees! :/

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Cosmetics Aficionado - what can you do? I order online a lot and this was only the second time ever that I got charged extra.

Miss ♥ Nikka said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I dont like the rest of the BE brushes but the mazimum concealer coverage, I LOVE! I use for my mac paintpots and concealers.

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

wow im so jealous of this haul! you got some nice things!

Rica said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice haul! I'm definitely looking forward to your elf reviews =D
I wanted to try them too!

x
Rica

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul!! I want to steal your R&R blushes and Sigma brushes xD

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great haul doll!!I really need more brushes too!!thanks for reminding me!!hehe
xxx

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said... Best Blogger Tips

LMAO " Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain - Smells like men's cologne and soap."

funny as hell

Fay. H. said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I'll be looking forward to your elf reviews and LOVE those R&R blushes!!!

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

I really want to try Sigma brushes soon - but I can't decide which set to get!! Haha :)

Val

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

looks like you got some sweet stuff! I've been holding off on makeup and buying more clothes lately; I shuld probably blog about that soon.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Woohoooo nice haul, I can't wait for your reviews! :) Ouch on the duty fees :/

xxx

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I feel like I'm seeing those Rock and Republic blushes on all the blogs I read hehe :)