Friday, December 10, 2010

Monthly Favourites: November 2010

I am super late getting this one, I am usually pretty good about getting these on time, but several things have kept me from not posting lately. 1) I moved and am busy unpacking and getting everything together 2) I couldn't find my camera for the longest time 3) Now that I have found it, the thing has a mind of its own and won't focus well on pictures anymore (as you will notice in the picture below). Time for a new camera, maybe Santa will bring me one this Christmas. My favourites this month are some old and some new items.

Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse may be my favourite drugstore foundation of the year. This product is great for the winter when your skin is dry (mine is extra dry). It gives good coverage, and feels smooth on your face, see full review here.

Sigma's F10 Powder/Blush brush which is supposedly a dupe for the MAC 129. I find this a bit large for blush, but I do like it for finishing powder, bronzer, powder in general. it's soft and fluffy. Sigma should make a MAC 116 dupe.

Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion was not a favourite of mine at first, in fact I found it very similar to the original Last Blast, see review here. But since throwing out my overly-expired Lash Blast I have started using up this one this month and like it a lot.

MAC's Creme D'Nude is probably my most favourite MAC lipstick ever, and it has a special place in my heart because it was my first MAC purchase ever. This colour works well on anyone, has great formulation and a pretty colour.

ELF's Lipstain in Birthday Suit has been my go-to gloss for the month. I don't think of this as a stain really, and only use the coloured end, but I do like the light barbie pink colour that the gloss gives.

Clinique's Redness Solutions makeup is a great foundation. I picked this in the month of November and really like it. It's the first Clinique foundation I've ever used. Does it help tone down redness over time? I haven't used it exclusively enough to tell a difference, but I like the coverage and neutralizing effects that it has. Planning to do a full review of this one soon.

What were your favourites for the month of November?

8 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a fan of the original LashBlast and I'm very curious about Lash Blast Fusion. I'm glad you like it!

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I am loving the dream smooth mousse also. I have dry skin too so its great and I feel that it blends into your skin so easy without any buffing. Have you tried the Lise Watier concealer wheel? I have and I love it for a concealer for redness and blemishes. It is a little too thick for under the eyes but covers really well. Also revlon grow luscious mascara.

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

I've tried samples of the Clinique foundation and completely love it - seems like the ideal foundation for me! Unfortunately I have spent way too much time at Sephora lately, so I'll have to wait before I can get it with a clear conscious :)

Review would be awesome!

Val

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lisa - I haven't tried the lisa watier concealer wheel, but have heard great things about it.

@Val - I hear ya about spending too much on sephora lately!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Great list Justine! I, too, have dry skin! We must swap dry skin tips more often! I might have to check out the Maybelline Smooth Mousse foundation next time I am at the drugstore (if I am lucky to find a shade light enough). I LOVE Lash Blast Fusion too...it just works for me! Haven't tried the Elf lipstains, but now I want to...love Barbie pink lips! Great faves!!! XOXO!!!

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't have that MAC lipstick but the colour looks so nice. And I love the CG LashBlast original.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

v dont get dat maybelline mousse foundation in india :(
i have heard such gud thgs about it..

Barbra said... Best Blogger Tips

I havent tried Creme D'Nude, but my favorite is creme cup! Gonna go check out Creme D'Nude now!