Friday, April 30, 2010

Misa Nail Polishes Swatches and Review Part 1

When I first really got into nail polish, which didn't happen until about 2 years ago, I kept hearing about Misa nail polishes on Makeupalley a lot. So I bought a couple, not really knowing about the company. Misa is a cosmetics company, but their backbone is nail polishes. They started in 1996 and are based in Philadelphia. I haven't ever seen their polishes in stores or salons around here, I bought all of mine from Transdesign, which is my favourite nail e-tailer. There is a lot of talk about OPI, China Glaze, Orly, Sephora by OPI, but Misa deserves a lot of hype too because they make lovely colours with good vibrancy and great formulations.

I have 12 Misa polish altogether, and just spent the past few hours painting my nails and taking pictures, I hope someone enjoys my efforts! But really, I just enjoying doing it. Onto the swatches... :)

The first few (three) are from Misa's Spring 2009 "Living On The Fast Lane" Collection, I rest are just randoms that I picked up.

Misa Right Here Now, No More Later
Misa Right Here Now, No More Later
This one is very similar to Essie's Shelter Island and OPI Just Groovy, a bright sky blue creme. This was 2 coats, it applied like butter. LOVE this one!

Misa Dirty Sexy Money
Misa Dirty Sexy Money
 This has gotta be the best name for a nail polish ever! This one is a really popular Misa shade and you can probably see why. It's a dusty green creme, very unique. It is similar to Essie's Greenport, but that one is more aqua green. And it's identical to the new Sephora by OPI, Ocean Love Potion! I love this colour. This was two coats as well, applied very nicely.

Misa On the Edge
Misa On the Edge
On the Edge is a dark blue creme, this is with one coat only! it applies very smooth and thick. This one is similar to Essie Mesmerize. 
Misa Push-up Bra
I admit I bought it partly because of the cute name. This is two coats, This one was hard to photograph. It's a orangey/pink bright creme. Nice summer colour.

Misa Jasmine
Misa Jasmine
How awesome is this colour? This polish started my love for dusty purple nail polishes. This one was 2 coats, lovely application of course. Jasmine is a lavender creme.

Misa Fashionista
Misa Fashionista
This is my favourite Misa polish. Fashionista is the dustier version of Jasmine above. This was two coats. Gorgeous! This one would fall into the Sephora by OPI Metro Chic type family.

Misa Love Bite
Misa Love Bite
Love Bite another great name, is a jelly polish, meaning it's watery, very runny, but gives that shiny, jelly-like finish, which is really lovely if you can apply it properly. This is a dark red, very vampire-ish. This is 3 coats.

I am going to break this into two parts, look for Pt 2 for the rest of my Misa collection... Thanks for looking!

0 comments: