Friday, April 23, 2010

My Loves: My MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Collection (Soft & Gentle, Perfect Topping, Refined, By Candlelight)

Today I'll show you my MSF collection. These are gorrrrrrrrgeous! I urge everyone to get one, or a couple. They are all unique and beautiful in their own way. MSF's (mineralized skinfinishes) are, from the MAC website "A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks for an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face." I use these on my face to add highlight and bring out features. I only apply this to the tops of my cheekbones and blend it out. MSF's instantly make your face look fresher and luminous. These products retail for about $33.50 CAD and are really, really popular amongst makeup gurus. They look impressive in the pan, I just like looking at them sometimes, but also beautiful on. If you want to buy these, I would recommend going to the MAC counter/store and picking them out yourself because the amount of veining that you get varies from one to the next.

The only MSF's that are available at the moment, which are permanent, are Soft and Gentle and Gold Deposit, but MAC comes out with new ones, which are limited edition, from time to time in new collections. Once they are sold out, I am afraid they are gone, unless you hit up a warehouse sale or buy it off someone on ebay or trade for it. The next one coming out is "Marine Life" from the "To the Beach" collection (I will do a rundown of that collection soon).

MAC MSF
 These are the 4 lovelies that I have. From top left to bottom right: Perfect Topping, Refined, Soft & Gentle and By Candelight.


MAC Perfect Topping
 MAC Perfect Topping

Perfect Topping came out with the MAC "Sugarsweet" Collection, it was limited edition and is now discontinued. It is a beautiful blend of peach and purple. It goes on really sheer, but you can build it up to get the right amount of glow. This one is sooo smooth and soft to apply, not gritty at all. 

MAC Refined
MAC Refined

Refined is my favourite MSF, it was also from MAC's "Sugarsweet" Collection, limited edition, discontinued. This one is most impressive to me in the pan. It is a the prettiest light, peachy gold glow. I use this one on top of my peach blushes to add some glow and luminosity. This is shimmery, not glittery at all.

MAC Soft and Gentle
 MAC Soft and Gentle

Soft and Gentle was my first ever MSF. It is part of MAC's permanent line, so you can still pick it up. It is a beautiful champagne colour.  This one you gotta be careful with, if you apply too much, you can look a bit silly. It's not as dark as it appears, it leaves a nice light bronzy/golden highlight. It can't be used as a bronzer though, the pigmentation is just not dark enough. This one is the most "glittery" of all the MSF, but it's not chunky. It also gets messy for me when I use it, fallout everywhere in the pan.

MAC By Candlelight
MAC By Candlelight

By Candlelight came out with the recent "Warm and Cozy" Collection. It is currently still available in the "goodbyes" section of the MAC Canada website.  The websites describes it as "golden pink". There is no glitter in this, it gives a nice shimmer glow. I wore this one yesterday and it is quite pigmented and works as a blush for me, giving a glowy, pink bronze colour on my cheeks. I have read that this one is similar to Glissade MSF.  This one is a must have for sure.

MSF's are pricey, but they will last forever, I don't think I would ever run out of one. The glow that they give you is amazing, it's the type of glow you see on someone and wonder what they are wearing. It's not obnoxious or glittery at all. These products are lovely and can be worn (lightly) everyday. I have light, NC15 skin and these all show up on me. My only issue with these is the packaging. MSF's come in the clear-lid packaging, and the clear part isn't glued or anything, it can easily pop out. I took "Soft and Gentle" with me on a trip once and since my luggage was pretty full, the MSF got pushed down and the clear part came right out and pressed against the product. Nothing was damaged but it could of been easily cracked that way. For the price you pay, the packaging should really be improved. I wish they would package them in the black compacts like the Studio Fix Powder has, that way there is a mirror and the product is safe.

Which MSF do you have? what are your faves?

2 comments:

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips

Great collection, refined looks amazing I'm jealous! I have By Candlelight and Sunny By Nature which is basically a shimmery bronzer. I'm highly considering Soft and Gentle now :)

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful Msf's you have there! I own Refined! It's my fav :)