Tuesday, April 20, 2010
MAC Pret a Papier Collection (April-May 2010)
MAC came out with a new collection today, it's called Pret a Papier. If you like neutrals, this collection may be for you. The inspiration of this collection was paper itself, simple and basic elements.
“Craft Paper Couture – an inspired idea cut like a pattern and whipped up into a frisky little “funny face” frock. Then, strip it back to its essence for Summer 2010 for a Pret-a-Papier colour collection. It was a Project Runway challenge of sorts, with paper as the source, the instigator of ideas, the beginning of something simply, basically beautiful. Lipstick, LipGlass, Eye Shadow, Paint Pot, Chromografic Pencil, Studio Fix Lash, Impeccable Brow Pencil, Sheertone and Mineralize Blushes, and Nail Lacquer in a seamless spectrum of parchment-to-vellum beiges, with an occasional, clever colour spill, coral among the most au courant.”
This collection was/will be released on April 22, 2010 in Canada/US and May 2010 Internationally. You can order it online today, and use the code "PAPIER" for free shipping until April 25, 2010 (this code is for Canadian addresses, not sure if it's valid in the US).
Here is a list of the products and prices:
Chromagraphic Pencil $14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN
* NC 15 / NW 20
* NW 25 / NC 30
Impeccable Brow Pencil $15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN
* Dirty Blonde - Blackened Dark Neutral-Brown
* Taupe - Mid-Tone Dirty-Taupe
Studio Fix Lash $13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN
* Black Fix - Black
Sheertone Blush – $18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN
* Instant Chic - Mid-Tone Muted Coral
* Garb - Light Golden Suntan
Mineralize Blush $23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN
* Light Over Dark - Light Yellow Brown/ Dark Peach (Frost)
Paint Pot $16.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN
* Coral Crepe - Soft Coral
* Ground Work - Mid Tone Neutral Taupe
Lipstick $14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN
* ArcheType - Sheer Light Gold (Lustre)
* Dressmaker, Dressmaker - Creamy Light Peach Coral (Lustre)
* Made To Order - Creamy Mid-Tone Dirty Coral (Lustre)
* Kraft - Creamy Mid-Tone Warm Brown (Amplified)
Lipglass $14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN
* C-Thru - Peachy – Beige With Shimmer
* Fold and Tuck - Mid-Tone Bright Coral W/ Soft Pearl
* Pret-a-Papier - Dark Reddened Bronze W/ Pearl
Eye Shadow $14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN
* Tissue Weight - Frosted Pale Peach (Frost)
* Bamboo - Light Beige with Peach (Matte)
* Cut To Fit - Frosted Red-Bronze (Frost)
* Gazette Grey - Dark Green-Grey With Gold-Pearl (Velvet)
* Memorabilia - Dirty Purple (Matte)
Nail Lacquer $12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN
* Brown Bag - Mid-Tone Warm Dirty Beige (Cream)
* Originality - Sparkly Copper Bronze (Frost)
The standout products to me:
* Sheertone Blush in Instant Chic - I am a sucker for peach blushes, so I *may* pick up this one. Scratch that, after watching some youtube videos and reading reviews, Instant Chic is very similar to MAC's Melba blush, which I have.
* Light to Dark MES - looks nice, but I think it's too dark on my skintone.
* Memorabilia eyeshadow - This looks really nice, I've seen swatches that it's a grey purple, I don't know how I feel it being matte however.
* Cut To Fit eyeshadow - Looks really nice in swatches, it is similiar to Cranberry eyeshadow (which I don't have yet).
Honestly though, I think I am passing on this collection, I am really excited for "To the Beach" which comes out next month. Are you getting anything from this collection?