Tuesday, April 13, 2010

China Glaze Spring 2010 Up and Away: Part 1 Swatches and Reviews

So I got some of the "Up and Away" collection from China Glaze recently, it took me a while to get pictures up, but here they are. These are the four pastel colours that I got, I am planning on getting a few of the rest soon. This collection is really cute and springy. No opaqueness issues at all, they applied a bit darker than in the bottle, 2 coats on all.

China Glaze "Something Sweet" - cotton candy
This one applied really well, more on the thick side, it's a pale pink. This one has been compared to OPI "Mod About You" which I do not own, but I think it is less flat looking, more lively. It reminds me of spring flowers, fresh and pretty. This was actually the first one that I tried on from this collection.

China Glaze "Lemon Fizz" - banana
Even though these are supposed to be pastels, this one specifically applied a lot darker than in the bottle. I don't have many yellows in my collection, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The colour reminds me of Easter or rubber duckies.

China Glaze "Re-fresh Mint" - spearmint
Compared to the rest of the mint greens that I have, this one is the most true "mint" green. In case you are wondering it is a lot more green than Essie Mint Candy Apple, which is a lot more blue toned. And is a lot more paler than OPI Hey Get in Lime.

China Glaze "Light as Air" - periwinkle
This one is a pale purple, more on the greyish side, it was my favourite of the bunch, mostly because I love purples.

1 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

I am loving that Light as Air. Great swatches!