Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

This is Part 3 of my Maybelline Fit Me review series, today I am reviewing the concealer. I did a review of the foundation, and the powder previously. This concealer is described as "flawless that let's the real you come through. Beyond matching: fresh, breathable, natural." For a concealer, personally I am not looking for anything natural, or letting the "real" me come through, I am looking for a concealer that hides the real me, and conceals, that is the point after all, you know what's I am saying? I think we all look for that.

Unlike the wide variety of foundation and powder shades in the Fit Me line, there are only 2 concealer shades in each level (2 concealers for 100's, 200's and 300's) for a total of 6 shades. So if your foundation colour is in the 100 's range of Fit Me, you get to choose from 2 concealers either 10 or 15. I have 10 here, which is the lightest and matches the foundation in 110 which is quite yellow toned, this concealer is yellow for sure, a pretty dark yellow too. I think for a line that is supposed to make it easy for women to find the right match, they really should of had more variety of concealers only 6 shades?

The packaging is the standard doe-foot applicator. These types of concealers are usually best for under the eyes because their coverage is low.

Here is a swatch comparing Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 10 with Maybelline Superstay in Ivory, you can see that the Fit me is much darker. I have learned over time that most of the concealers that I use are far too light for me. I always apply concealer before foundation, so if it is too dark it won't matter because it gets covered anyway, and since I am so pale the whole 'white under the eyes' doesn't really look right on me. I need a more yellow/orangey/salmon coloured concealer to neutralize the red/blueness under the eyes. If you are looking for a lighter concealer, Fit Me's 15 concealer is much more pink toned (as is the foundation). This concealer is very smooth. blends well, is non-drying, non-creasy on me, which is nice.

And the application here, Fit me concealer on your left and nothing on the right. It's very smooth and blends nicely. It covers, but not great, if you need high-coverage under the eyes, this isn't for you. The coverage on Revlon's Moisturizing Cream concealer (my favourite drugstore concealer) is much better for example. This concealer is more like MAC's Moisturecover, it helps refresh your under-eye area, but not not completely, this is absolutely not medium-full coverage. I would suggest this concealer only for under the eyes, but not really enough coverage for all over the face, and I don't think it would stay put either since this concealer is so creamy/liquidy.

Of all the Fit Me products that I bought (including foundation, powder and concealer) I like the foundation the best, but I will definitely keep using all of them, and perhaps together is a good bet too, products usually work best that way. The concealer didn't wow me, the foundation didn't give awesome coverage and the powder is just average, none are necessarily bad, just not anything amazing either.

Have you tried the Fit Me concealer?

14 comments:

Miss Jayce said... Best Blogger Tips

i havent tried this concealer but i heard the same kinda thing from youtube that its not providing the best full out coverage. i love the mineral concealer from maybelline. have you tried it? i think im gunna give the revlon one a try like the one u have mentioned =)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Miss Jayce - I have tried the maybelline mineral power one, I wanted to compare it with this one but couldn't find it! It's a nice one too, same effect I would say.

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried any of Maybelline's concealer before. Am on the search for a new drugstore concealer..thanks for the review! This had been v helpful..

xx

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review as always--still debating whether or not to pick this one up =S it looks incredibly yellow even with the lighter shade! xx

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the review! i was intrigued by the fit me cosmetics (mostly because of the packaging, and the sign that said "new")! *guilty*

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

That's a shame. I was really looking forward to trying this but I guess I'll skip it because I need a really high coverage concealer to cover my dark circles.

P.S. I'm having sooooo much fun playing around with mouse scroller thing. Sparkless!!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Well I think I'll go for the Revlon then..I really wanted these to be better! Great reviews Justine

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

i wonder if this concealer is good for blemishes and spots? thanks for another great review justine!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lisa - lol I love the tinkerbell effect too. :)

@Cinnabunnie - I will have to say no because it is so creamy, but liquidly so I think it would come right off, for spots and blemishes I would personally want something more thick that sticks better.

MEOW said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the review!
i went to walmart today to see if i can get any of these products :( but sigh.. it was all sold out except for shade #115 foundation
im glad i didnt buy it.. (i also read ur review on the foundation) i dont like pink tones.. but im not sure if im a 110 or 120... coz they dont have a 110 tester...
maybe i'll keep searching around to see if i can find a 110 tester.. and hopefully the actual product will be in stock too!! but from the display.. seems like they only sell 2-4 bottles per color? kind of disappointing :(
and i still would like to try the concealer too :)
by the way.. im ur new follower :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@MEOW - Hey thanks for reading! I went to two walmarts and each only had two bottles of each colour, so you gotta be quick to get your right shade, sucks eh?

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

All of these Fit Me products look so enticing in the store, but I just haven't heard any raves about any of them yet! I'm trying to resist, but.... :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

As a light cover-up, it is o.k. What I can't stand is the packaging--the cover up leaks out after you close the cap, so I need to either wipe it off before I put it in my purse or wrap the whole thing in a tissue so the makeup does not get on my purse lining. Oh, and the writing has already worn off after only 2 months of regular use. Going back to Cover Girl and Revlon.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I tried #15 Fit Me Concealer & it is so sheer & looks like I have moisturizer on that isn't completely absorbed. I will keep it as a night concealer if I am over my boyfriend's as it appear to let my skin breathe & I don't like to have the veins under my eyes show.
As for an everyday concealer, Aveda Inner Light #2 Balsa is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It's only downfall is it is expensive at $18, but now I see it is worth it, as it actually does the job