Wednesday, November 9, 2011

OPI Muppets Collection Holiday 2011 Swatches and Review

OPI Muppets collection is the most fun and colourful that I've seen OPI do. I was totally existed when promotional images started circulating around for this collection. This is a limited edition collection that is now available at professional salons and nail etailers. I got mine from Cosmetics Central on Amazon, my go-to nail polish online shop. This collection came out 12 new polishes, the top 6 in the image above are shimmers, and then bottom 6 are glitters.

The ones that I picked up were Warm and Fozzie, Designer Da Better, Divine Swine and Rainbow Connection. I think the must-haves in this collection are definitely Designer Da Better and Rainbow Connection! These are great for the holidays, they really bling on your nails and are not gritty like some glitters that I have purchased before. I might go back and pick up Excuse Moi the glitter in a red base.


OPI Warm & Fozzie is a warm copper but in no means is it just a shinny bronze,  it's really complex with lots of different shimmers in there, there are shiny foil shimmers of red, gold and green and bronze. Three coats for this one gets it perfect.

OPI Designer De Better (I wrote Da in the picture, should be Da!) is a foil too, pale champagne taupe with orange copper shimmers. This one requires 3 coats. Both shimmers that I picked up are not gritty on the nail, very smooth and shiny.

OPI Divine Swine is a clear base polish with small round purple glitters and medium sized silver hexagonal glitters. This one is sheer and needs a lot of coats to become opaque, I didn't quite have the patience in this swatch to build it up enough. I think this would be pretty overtop of a pink or purple polish. Gettin Miss Piggy with it, Gone Gonzo and Fresh Frog of Bel Air are the same idea as this one, just different colour glitters.

OPI Rainbow Connection is the one everyone is talking about. This is a clear base polish with multi-coloured small, medium, and larger hexagonal glitters. This one is a close dupe for Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday. I found this one was harder to get opaque than Divine Swine because the glitters stick together on the brush and in application, and instead of painting my nail in strokes as usual, I was going through and placing the larger glitters where I had empty parts. This one would require A LOT of coats to get completely opaque. It looks amazing in the bottle though, I just wish it was easier to put on.

Did you pick up any polishes from OPI Muppets Collection?

4 comments:

for the love of beauty by lara said... Best Blogger Tips

No, I didn't pick any up fromt his collection but the ones you did look great! :) I have Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday so didn't feel like I needed OPI Rainbow Connection :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely eyeing the Rainbow Connection. But I keep asking myself whether I will be wearing this enough to justify purchasing it. It's super colorful and funky which is what I like though. Super fun for the holidays!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Fannie - I agree, glitters are more of a glittery piece than polishes that I wear day to day.

Gbbjjvvb said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a muppet collection myself and also did a review in my blog of it, I absolutely love the colours! I do feel they are more holiday colours, than muppet colours however! :)