Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

We all want different qualities in a foundation, if I had to describe my perfect foundation it would be 1)hydrating on my dry skin 2) perfect colour match 3) easy to apply (product has pump too) 4)gives a luminous, healthy looking finish 5)provides medium-full coverage. I think Bourjois Healthy Mix is pretty close to a perfect foundation for me. I have watched numerous videos from UK bloggers claiming this foundation is great, and have wanted to try it out for a while now. Bourjois is a French brand (division of Chanel) but it is accessible to Canadians through Shoppers Drug Mart (I think this was $30ish CAD, $27 for the serum version). I however purchased mine on Asos.com, a website that I stalk on a regular basis (they have Illamasqua too), they offer Free Shipping worldwide! And I got this foundation from them for a fraction of the price that I would pay in Canada. Asos' stock does vary day to day however, and the colour selection is limited.

Bourjois' Healthy Mix is supposed to give "16h perfectly glowing complexion and toned skin" "Perfect coverage, semi-matte finish, oil-free, tolerance tested dermatologically, maintains essential skin hydration". The package also states that the product has fruit therapy radiance boosting elements, apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, apple anti-oxidant and ginger for energy. This foundation is like a fruit basket!

The packaging is perfect on this, it has a pump, the bottle is slim and lightweight. I would have no reservations taking this with me in my purse or for travel. I purchased this in the lightest colour, 51 (Light Vanilla). It's pretty close to my spot on colour match.

Here are comparisons with other foundation that I like at the moment. I am an NC 15 in MAC, I opt for yellow toned foundations to even out my complexion. As you can tell Bourjois Healthy Mix is the last on the right, it's pretty close to NARS Sheer Glow in Gobi (touch lighter) and Bobbi Brown Skin in Warm Ivory (more peachy). Chanel's Pro Lumiere in their lightest colour, 10 Limpide Nude is much darker.

Bourjois Healthy Mix feels really comfortable on dry skin, it's moisturizing which is a huge plus for me since a lot of foundations feel tight and look crackly on my skin. When first applied it goes on quite thin and watery, but then it settles to a semi-matte finish on the skin. The new Healthy Mix with serum foundation is said to give less coverage and dries to a more dewy finish compared to this (I will be trying that next). I would say Bourjois Healthy Mix gives a medium coverage with a satin finish. I do not set this with a powder (if you have oily/normal skin you may want to). The smell of this is amazing, it smells of roses (very similar to Chanel's Pro Lumiere). If you don't like fragranced foundations this may put you off, but I love it and it dissipate once your foundation sets. I love this foundation and can't wait to try out others from them.

Have you tried Bourjois Healthy Mix?

14 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! I'm so happy you enjoyed the foundation. Now you'll have to move on to the Serum version and tell me what you think :D

♥ Jessica

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - no idea we could get this foundation here at Shoppers - yay! I've read so many of the UK reviews and really wanted to try it - after reading your review, it sounds like perfection!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ella - I saw the serum version the other day, they have 10 hour sleep effect too, Bourjois is usually over by Gosh and the more high-end brands. Not sure if every Shoppers carries it, but the ones around me do.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE this stuff! I used it all through my Europe trip and it's great if you have dry skin. Love it!

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

I might give it a try at some point. If Lisa Eldridge uses it, I'm down with it.

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review!
I've wanted to try this for so long, but my shopper's doesn't have Bourjois(boo!).

I'll have to check out Asos. Thanks!

dontcallmejessie said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! So happy you like this one! It's my HG. :D I've been wanting to try the Serum version as well, although I think I'll still prefer the original because the coverage is so nice.

Mai said... Best Blogger Tips

This is the only drugstore foundation that I have bought in waaaay too long and I fell in love with it as well.. It's amazing! Love the finish and the colour (I have it in shade 55) is perfect for my skintone! Bourjois really surprised me with this one

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

i hear so many good things about this foundation, it makes me sad that i didnt try out bourjois when it was at ulta!

Victoria said... Best Blogger Tips

I;ve never seen this at shoppers!! But I shall go look for it on asos.com now! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Good Review. Is this almost like a BB cream? I know it's not marketed as one but the properties and claims are really similar.

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I've wanted to try a Bourjois foundation FOREVER. This looks like a good start but I hear the serum is just as good.

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

i was JUST thinking about this foundation! now im giong to get it after this review

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

hi,please could you compare for me healthy mix 51 with estee lauder double wear light intensity 0.5? is dw light 0.5 darker?
thank you very much!