Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blush Comparison: MAC Warm Soul & NARS Madly Swatches

As the cooler weather starts, I like to branch out from my bright coral and peach blushes and venture more into the warmer bronzy-peach tones. Recently, I picked up MAC Warm Soul and NARS Madly. I read that these two are very similar and some of the blog posts that I like reading the most are swatch comparisons. I am guilty of buying products that are basically the same, just because I feel like I need to have them. These blushes retail for $27.50 CAD for the MAC and $29 CAD for the NARS.


When looking at the pan, Warm Soul appears very shimmery to me and gorgeous, a bronzy peach with very obvious gold shimmers. While NARS Madly looks more of a peach brown, it's pulling more pink in the images, but it's not to me. Warm soul is described as a "mid tone beige with gold pearl" on the MAC website, whereas Madly is a "seashell pink" on the Sephora website. What does a seashell pink look like? I have no idea.

As I swatch them on my fingers, you can tell however that Madly is much more true to pan, it comes across peach bronze, whereas Warm Soul turns a totally different colour, more of a pink gold. I think it's because there is so much shimmer in Warm Soul  (and it's gritty might I add), it changes the colour of the blush. Madly has shimmer too, but it's fine and not too noticeable once applied.

And here swatched on my arm, Madly is a more pigmented, true to colour peach bronze. Warm Soul is pretty but I am not a fan of how the colour isn't what I expect in the pan (and how it leaves shimmers all over my face). I know lots of people love Warm Soul, but I much prefer Madly.

What do you prefer Warm Soul or Madly?

10 comments:

socialitedreams said... Best Blogger Tips

warm soul looks like it makes your soul glow lol, it's like lit from within! i want that one badly

Alina Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips

If I remember correctly, Warm Soul was my first ever MAC blush :) I still haven't gotten around to trying NARS blushes...I don't know what's wrong with me. I know I am missing out on a superb blush! LOL!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Alina - I love NARS blushes, I would trade in all my blushes, well most of them, for more NARS. Something about MAC blushes tends to break me out, same with NYX.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooooh, they look so warm and inviting. I want both! (I'm turning into a blush fiend like Tracy @ Beauty Reflections)

♥ J said... Best Blogger Tips

from the swatches you have here, I like warm soul, such a lovely and cute shade!

Sara S. said... Best Blogger Tips

I have both, just bought madly today and I love it. I prefer madly.

Ghadeer said... Best Blogger Tips

great swatch
thnx for sharing

Eden-Avalon said... Best Blogger Tips

I actually prefer Madly as well. But I think it's because I don't own it and I own something that's quite similar to Warm Soul. >O> I may need them both though. Juts in case you know?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for this post! Madly is one of my favorite blushes EVER! I've had my eye on Warm Soul and I'm so happy you did a side-by-side comparison :) I think I much prefer Madly

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

I'd prefer Warm Soul if it wasn't for the shimmer, it looks like a beautiful shade, but all that glitter, ugh. I don't like Madly because it looks too much like a bronzer and I'd rather have a more peachy or corally shade of blush than another bronzer. Thank you for the swatches!